Are there any other itemized deductions that I could claim on my tax return? I donâ€™t want to overlook any potential tax deductions.
Determining what you can itemize to maximize your tax return is important. Other itemized deductions that you may want to consider include:
- Gambling losses, but only to the extent of gambling winnings reported on Form 1040
- Casualty and theft losses of income-producing property from Form 4684 or Form 4797
- Loss from other activities from Schedule K-1 (Form 1065-B)
- Federal estate tax on income in respect of a decedent
- Amortizable bond premium on bonds acquired before Oct. 23, 1986
- Deduction for repayment of amounts under a claim of right if over $3,000
- Certain unrecovered investment in a pension
- Impairment-related work expenses of disabled person
If you need help handling an estate, we're here to help. Learn how to file taxes for a deceased loved one with H&R Block.
From retirement account contributions to self-employment expenses, learn more about the five most common tax deductions with the experts at H&R Block.
Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Go through your life events checklist and see how each can affect your tax return with the experts at H&R Block.
Donating household goods to your favorite charity? Learn the ins and outs of deducting noncash charitable contributions on your taxes with the experts at H&R Block.