Where’s my refund – California?
To check the status of your California state refund online, go to https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/refund/login.
You will be prompted to enter:
- Social Security number
- Numbers from your address (if you have numbers in your address)
- Zip code
- Your exact refund amount
Then, click on “Check Your Refund”.
You can check on refund status by chat. Sign into MyFTB to chat weekdays, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
You may send a letter asking for a status of your refund:
Franchise Tax Board
PO Box 942840
Sacramento CA 942840-0040
The refund normally takes up to two weeks to receive if you e-filed and up to four weeks for paper return.
What can cause a delay in my California refund?
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
- Fraud and error safeguards could delay some returns
Need more California refund and tax information?
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?