Where’s my refund – Michigan?
To check the status of your Michigan state refund online, visit Michigan.gov.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to enter:
- Social Security number (SSN)
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or Total Household Resources (THR)
Note: Adjusted Gross Income is found on line 10 of your MI-1040. Total Household Resources are found on line 33 of your MI-1040CR or line 34 of your MI-1040CR-7
You may also call 1-517-636-4486.
For e-filed returns: Allow two weeks from the date you received confirmation that your e-filed state return was accepted before checking for information.
For Paper-filed returns: Allow six to eight weeks before checking for information.
What can cause a delay in my Michigan refund?
A number of things can cause a delay in your Michigan refund, including the following:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Michigan refund and tax information?
For more information about your Michigan refund, visit the following website:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? Visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?