Where’s my refund – Virginia?
Are you wondering where your Virginia state refund may be? Check the status of your Virginia state refund online at: https://www.individual.tax.virginia.gov/VTOL/tax/IndRefundStatus.xhtml.
You can also call 1-804-367-2486 for Virginia’s automated refund system.
To check the status of your refund:
- Enter your Social Security number
- Enter the tax year of the return filed
- Enter the expected refund amount (to the nearest dollar)
Both options are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and have the same information as customer service representatives, without the wait of the phone queue. You can check the status of your refund 72 hours after you file electronically or four weeks after you file a paper return.
E-filed tax returns take up to four weeks to receive your refund. Paper-filed returns can take up to eight weeks sent by certified mail allow an additional three weeks.
What can cause a delay in my Virginia state refund?
A number of things could cause a delay in receiving your Virginia refund, including the following:
- If the state needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information
- If there are math errors in your return or other adjustments
- If you used more than one form type to complete your return
- If your return was missing information or incomplete
Need more Virginia refunds and tax information?
For more information about Virginia refunds, visit the following websites:
Need more tax guidance?
Whether you make an appointment with one of our knowledgeable tax pros or choose one of our online tax filing products, you can count on H&R Block to help you get the support you need when it comes to filing taxes.
Need to check the status of your federal refund? You can visit our Where’s My Refund page to find out how soon you’ll receive your federal refund.
Was this topic helpful?