IRS Letter 2357C – Abatement of Penalties and Interest
Letter 2357C notifies you of the IRS decision to abate penalties and interest.
Type of Notice: Account information or change
Most common tax problem area: IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Why you received IRS Letter 2357C
- You owe a balance due to the IRS.
- The IRS failed to send you balance due notices that they should have sent.
- Because of their error, the IRS has adjusted your account and removed applicable penalties and interest.
- You still have a balance due and the IRS is requesting payment.
Your options to address IRS Letter 2357C
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Make arrangements to pay
Notice deadline: 10 days
If you miss the deadline: Interest and applicable penalties will continue to accrue.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Was this topic helpful?