IRS Letter 3502C – Failure to Deposit Penalty Abatement
Additional information is required or you were granted first-time penalty abatement of the failure to deposit penalty.
Type of Notice: Account information or change
Most common tax problem area: Business penalties
Other tax problem areas: Unpaid business taxes
Why you received IRS Letter 3502C
- You did not make federal tax deposits as required.
- The IRS charged a failure to deposit penalty.
- You requested abatement (removal) of the penalty.
- The IRS sent Letter 3502C to notify you that additional information is required or that the penalty has been removed due to a clean history of compliance (first-time penalty abatement).
Your options to address IRS Letter 3502C
- Provide the requested information
Notice deadline: None specified
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Was this topic helpful?