IRS Notice CP01 – Identity Theft Claim Acknowledgement
An identity theft indicator has been placed on your IRS account.
Type of Notice: Account information or change
Likely next step: Address tax identity theft
Why you received IRS Notice CP01
- You contacted the IRS to report that you are a victim of identity theft.
- You provided the IRS documentation to substantiate the identity theft.
- The IRS set up monitoring on your account and income tax returns.
- If applicable, the IRS adjusted your account for the identity theft effects.
- The IRS sent CP01 to notify you that an identity theft indicator has been placed on your account and that any necessary corrections have been made to your account. This letter also informs you that you will receive an IP PIN in December that you will need to put on your next tax return.
Notice deadline: N/A
Want more help?
Your tax professional can deal with the IRS for you. Learn more about H&R Block’s Tax Audit & Notice Services.
Was this topic helpful?