IRS Notice CP297A – Notice of Seizure and Notice of Your Right to a Hearing
A levy has been issued against federal payments due to your business because of unpaid employment taxes.
Type of Notice: Unpaid balance
Most common tax problem area: Unpaid business taxes
Other tax problem areas: Business penalties
Why you received IRS Notice CP297A
- You have an unpaid employment tax balance due.
- The IRS sent notices requesting full payment of the balance due, but you have not responded.
- You are a federal contractor, vendor, have federal retirement benefits or travel reimbursements.
- The IRS sent CP297A to notify you that a levy has been issued. You were not entitled to a pre-levy hearing because in the past two years you requested a Collection Due Process hearing on a previous intent to levy notice for employment tax. You do have a right to appeal the levy now that it has been issued.
Your options to address IRS Notice CP297A
- Dispute the taxes you owe
- Dispute the penalties
- Make arrangements to pay
Notice deadline: 30 days
If you miss the deadline: You must make the appeal request within 30 days of the date on the letter. The IRS may also take additional enforced collection actions such as issuing a levy against bank accounts and/or other assets.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Was this topic helpful?