H&R Block Online Login and Login Issues
If you’re having trouble signing into your H&R Block online account, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll have you back in the tax-filing business by the end of this page (or sooner).
Just looking for the login link? Go to hrblock.com and use the person icon in the upper right-hand corner to sign in or create a new account.
You can also bookmark the link at www.hrblock.com/login/, so you can access it again easily.
Let’s double-check a few things before we go further:
- Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive, so “jsmith” is different from “JSMITH.” Check your caps lock.
- If you can’t remember your password, here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8-30 characters
- One uppercase letter
- One lowercase letter
- One number
- One special character (Ex: $, #, %, or !)
If none of that helped, you’ve probably forgotten either your username or password. We don’t blame you — we have a hunch it’s been at least a year since you’ve used it.
If you’re not on the Sign in screen yet, go to hrblock.com, use the Profile icon in the upper right-hand corner of this screen, and choose Sign in to my account.
From the Sign in screen:
- Click on Forgot username/password? under the Password
- Enter your email, mobile number, or username. You’ll have three tries to enter the info for your account. (Go ahead and use up the three if you can’t remember the right one.)
- If we couldn’t find your account after three tries, fill out the account lookup screen, hit Next, and you should be back on track.
- You’ll get a security code sent to the email or phone number you gave (to verify it’s really you).
- Enter that code into the Security code field you see on your screen and hit Next. (If you don’t have access to that email or phone anymore, click Try something else and follow those steps.)
- Now, you should see a screen with the account we found for you. If there’s more than one, choose the one with the most recent Last Sign In date and click Reset Password.
- If you had to use Try something else in this process, you should go directly to Account Settings (once you’re signed in) and update your contact info so you can get back in next time.
Still need help?
If none of that helped, you can create a new account. You’ll just want to have a copy of your return from last year to make things easier this year. If you need a copy of your return from last year, you can request a transcript from the IRS instead. We know that might be frustrating, but we have to keep things secure around here.