How Can I Update a Wrong Routing Number on My H&R Block Tax Software Account?
You might need to update a wrong bank account routing number on your H&R Block Tax Software account. We can show you how.
If you haven’t filed yet or if the IRS rejected your return, you can still update your account for your H&R Block Tax Software.
- Open your return in your H&R Block Tax Software.
- Click the File tab.
- Choose how you’d like to file your return.
- Click Next to get to the Your Refund Method screen.
- Choose Direct Deposit.
- Click Next.
- Enter your routing and account numbers on the Enter Your Direct Deposit Information screen.
- Click Next.
- Re-enter your routing and account numbers on the Confirm Your Bank Information screen.
- Click Next to finish filing your return.
With that finished, the wrong routing number on your H&R Block software should be completely fixed.
If You’ve Already Filed and Need to Update Your H&R Block Account
If you’ve already filed on H&R Block with a wrong routing number, you can see your direct deposit information on the copy of your return. If the IRS has accepted your return, you won’t be able to change your direct deposit information without contacting the IRS.
If you don’t contact the IRS, they’ll first try to send your refund to the routing and account numbers you entered. If the bank rejects your direct deposit, the IRS will send a paper check to the mailing address on your return.
If you’d like to learn more, call the IRS at 800-829-1040.