How Can I Stop My Antivirus From Blocking a Program During H&R Block Software Installation?
If you’re having issues with your antivirus blocking a program from installation, you’ll need to know how to fix that when you want to install H&R Block Tax Software. If H&R Block won’t install, your antivirus program or system settings might be blocking permission for installation.
First, check your computer’s security software instructions to see how to turn off that program.
How to Unblock a Program When You Still Can’t Install H&R Block Software
If you still need to stop your antivirus program from blocking our program, here’s how to fix that:
- Find your downloaded program.
- Right-click on the Setup.exe file, then choose Properties.
- Click Compatibility.
- Under Compatibility mode, check the box next to Run this program in compatibility.
- From the drop-down menu, choose a different version of Windows. It must be a version supported by the year of the program that’s having the issue.
- Check the box next to Run Program as Administrator.
- Click OK.
- Double-click on Setup.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
If you’re still having permission or antivirus issues, contact an H&R Block support specialist for additional assistance at 800-HRBLOCK (800-472-5625).
Was this topic helpful?